English Teaching Assistant Program (ETA)
The Fulbright English Teaching Assistant (ETA) Program is an opportunity for American university graduates to teach English in Moroccan higher institutions. Each year 8-12 young Americans are selected for the program.
ETAs are mainly primary teachers within Moroccan public universities and higher institutions. While ETAs help teach English language, they also serve as cultural ambassadors for the U.S. within their communities.
Grant period: 10 months
- U.S. citizenship
- TESOL certification is strongly recommended
- Sufficient proficiency in the written and spoken language of the host country, at least an intermediate level
- Round-trip economy class transportation
- Funds for housing and meals
- Accident & Sickness Health Benefits
- Language study program
- 24/7 support line for urgent and non-urgent situations
- Candidates with degrees in English, American Studies, Middle East Studies, Arabic, French, Education, TESOL, or applied linguistics with some experience in teaching are preferred.
- Preference will be given to those with a Master’s in a relevant field and those with significant teaching experience
- Preparedness for a 10 months’ program as stand-alone teachers within a different educational system
- Leadership skills
- On-campus deadline: September
- Deadline in Washington: Mid-October
Candidates apply through IIE
For more information on how to apply, please check the following links: